Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ENGM 502 Engineering Management and Corporate Strategy
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: Enable students to critically evaluate how corporate strategy is formulated and critically analyse the need for strategic thinking in a rapidly changing economic and competitive environment and appraising the objectives of engineering management.
- Cole, G. and Kelly, P. (2020). Management theory and practice. 9th edn. Cengage Learning EMEA.
- Dess, G., McNamara, G., Eisner, A. and Lee, S. (2020). ISE strategic management: text and cases. 10th edn. McGraw-Hill Education.
- Hill, C. W. L. (2018). Essentials of strategic management: text only. 6th edn. South-Western Publishing.
- Hall, D., Pilbeam, S. and Corbridge, M. (2014). Contemporary themes in strategic people management: a case-based approach. Basingstoke, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hitt, M. A., Ireland, R. D. and Hoskisson, R. E. (2020). Strategic management: competitiveness & globalization: concepts and cases. 13th edn. Boston, USA: Cengage.
- Jenkins, M. (2016). Advanced strategic management: a multi-perspective approach. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Miller, R., Lessard, D. R. and IMEC Research Group. (2000). The strategic management of large engineering projects: shaping institutions, risks, and governance. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press.