Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ENGM 508 Total Quality Management
Department: MSc Engineering Management
Module Description: Acquire deep understanding and to familiarise students with the latest thinking in Total Quality Management and best practice management. To examine in detail different models for managing quality and best practice throughout organisations. To enable participants to understand how organizations manage and improve processes to support policy and strategy and fully satisfy, and generate increasing value for customers and other stakeholders.
- Ailkens, C. H. (2010). Quality inspired management: the key to sustainability. Prentice Hall.
- Cottman, R. J. (2020). Total engineering quality management. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Luthra, S. et al. (2021). Total quality management (TQM): principles, methods, and applications. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Oakland, J. S., Oakland, R. J. and Turner, M. A. (2021). Total quality management and operational excellence: text with cases. 5th edn. London: Routledge.
- Begum, S. et al. (2020). Total quality management in higher education: study of engineering institutions. Taylor and Francis.
- Kiran, D. R. (2017). Total quality management: key concepts and case studies. Kidlington, Oxford: Elsevier.
- Ross, J. E. (2017). Total quality management: text, cases, and readings. 3rd edn. London: Taylor and Francis.
- Weinstein, M. B. (2018). Total quality safety management and auditing. Boca Raton, FL: Routledge.