Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FIN 518 Investment Analysis and Portfolio management
Department: MSc Finance and Risk Management
Module Description: This module focuses on imparting the much-needed skills and strategies needed to make the best investment decisions. Students will learn the various investment opportunities, techniques and methods to identify the right investment avenues for investments. It considers students as investors and provides them information so that they would take the right decisions on the four types of financial instruments- equity, bonds, options and futures including risks and returns involved in the market in which they trade.
- Bodie, Z., Kane, A. and Marcus, A. (2021), Investments, 12th Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- Reilly, F., Brown, K. and Leeds, S. (2019), Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, 11th Edition, Cengage.
- Elton, E. Gruber, M., Brown, S. and Goetzmann, W. (2014) Modern Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis, 9th Edition, Wiley.
- Jones, C. and Jensen, G. (2016), Investments: Analysis and Management: 13th Edition, Wiley.
- Fabozzi, F., Focardi, S. and C. (2014), Investment Management: A Science to Teach or an Art to Learn? CFA Institute
- Ilmanen, A. (2012), Expected Returns on Major Asset Classes, CFA Institute
- Relevant journal articles will be provided during the term.