Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
BUS 102 Introduction to Innovation and Leadership
Department: BSc in Business Management
Module Description: This module introduces students to the concept of innovation and leadership. The module provides students with basic knowledge and understanding of the role of leadership in organising successful innovation.
- Conway, S. and Steward, F. (2009). Managing and shaping innovation. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Dulaimi, M. (2007). Case studies on knowledge sharing across cultural boundaries. Journal of Engineering, Construction, and Architectural Management, vol. 14(6), pp. 550-567. Open resource
- Dulaimi, M. and Ang, A.F. (2009). Elements of learning organisations in Singapore’s construction industry. Emirates Journal of Engineering Research, vol. 14(1), pp. 83-92. Open resource
- Gratton, L. (2007). Hot spots: why some companies buzz with energy and innovation - and others don't. Harlow: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Hargadon, A. and Sutton, R. I. (2000). Building an innovation factory. Harvard Business Review, vol. 78(3), pp. 157–166.
- Tidd, J. and Bessant, J. R. (2018). Managing innovation: integrating technological, market and organizational change. 6th edn. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Trott, P. (2005). Innovation management and new product development. 3rd edn. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Utterback, J. M. (1994). Mastering the dynamics of innovation: how companies can seize opportunities in the face of technological change. Boston, Mass.: Harvard Business School Press.