Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FIN 201 Introduction to Finance
Department: BSc in Business Management
Module Description: The aim of the module is to develop the student’s abilities to analyse and explain the fundamental financial theories and goals of financial management; identify the agency problem and ways to resolve it; explain the functions of financial markets and the modern financial instruments in use; evaluate investment decisions using discounted cash flow methods under the assumptions of certainty and to examine the role of risk and uncertainty in capital budgeting.
- Brealey, R. A., Myers, S. C. and Marcus, A. J. (2020). Fundamentals of corporate finance. 10th edn. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R., Jaffe, J. F. and Jordan, B. D. (2019). Corporate finance. 12th edn. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Arnold, G. (2019). Corporate financial management. 6th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson.
- Pike, R., Neale, B. and Akbar, S. (2018). Corporate finance and investment decisions and strategies. 9th edn. Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson.
- Watson, D. and Head, A. (2016). Corporate finance: principles and practice. 7th edn. Harlow, England: Pearson.