Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
FIN 510 Fintech and Technological Innovation
Department: MSc Finance
Module Description: This course aims to provide Fintech concepts and theories to an organisation. With the disruptive technologies, we realize the potential for distributed ledgers to revolutionize corporate governance. It covers how technologies are changing the market and corporate governance. It covers knowledge for understanding the evolution of Fintech concerning innovative technologies. It critically evaluates existing Fintech organisations and examines their evolution and future. In addition, the module provides knowledge on applying Fintech technologies for financial inclusion, poverty reduction, and sustainability. Finally, regulations, ethics, and challenges are discussed to understand future implications.
- Agustín, R. (2019). Fintech in a flash : financial technology made easy. 3rd edn. Boston: De'G Press.
- Pável, R.M. (2021). Fintech strategy : linking entrepreneurship, finance, and technology. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Arslanian, H. and Fischer, F. (2019). The future of finance : the impact of fintech, AI, and crypto on financial services. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shrier, D. L. and Pentland, A. (eds). (2022). Global fintech : financial innovation in the connected world. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press.
- Mohd Ma'Sum Billah (2021). Islamic fintech: insights and solutions. Palgrave Macmillan.
There is a wide range of material available on the course topics including the following: