Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"The theme for the library week 2021 is Welcome to the Library"
It’s Library Week! This event is organised every year and the theme for the library week 2021 is Welcome to the Library. It promotes the idea that libraries extend far beyond the four walls of a building — and that everyone is welcome to use their services.
During the pandemic libraries have been going above and beyond to adapt to our changing world by expanding their resources and continuing to meet the needs of their users. Whether people visit in person or virtually, libraries offer opportunities for everyone to explore new worlds and become their best selves through access to technology, multimedia content, and educational programs.
So join us in celebrating the library week by participating in the contest to win amazing prizes. We want to hear your stories, tell us what do you love about BUiD Library Services and learning Resources and get a chance to win Prizes and a Certificate of Recognition. All you need to do is follow the mechanics given below. Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 25, 2021.
Top 3 winners will be announced on October 31, 2021.
- The contest is open to all enrolled students of BUiD. Each contestant should submit ONE entry only.
- Contestant will write an essay answering “What do you love about BUiD Library Services and Learning Resources?” The essay can be written in English, no maximum number of words and must be submitted using MS Word.
- Submit your essay via email at email@example.com on or before October 25, 2021. Filename shall be in this format: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_YEAR_PROGRAMME
- By joining the contest, you are giving BUiD Library permission to upload your entry to our official Facebook Page. (we will delete name upon request)
- Invite your friends to like/react to your essay. The more reactions you got the more chances of winning.
- To qualify, contestants must like the BUiD Library Facebook Page at BUiD Library | Facebook and share this post with the hashtag #LibraryWeek2021 #BUiDLibrary #MyLibrary
15% - Social media impact (No of likes/ reactions)
30% - Creativity, writing techniques
30% - Originality
25% - Content