Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CDR 511 Alternative Dispute Resolution
Department: Master of Construction Law and Dispute Resolutions
Module Description: The purpose of this module is to provide a solid understanding of alternative methods of dispute resolution and the applicability of the different methods as they apply to construction, including issues which are specific to Dubai, the UAE and the wider Gulf Region.
- P Brooker and S Wilkinson (eds.), Mediation in the Construction Industry (Spon Press, Oxon 2010).
- L Boulle, Mediator Skills and Techniques: Triangles of Influence (Bloomsbury Professional, West Sussex 2010).
- C Chern, Chern on Dispute Boards: Practice and Procedure (3rd edn, Informa Law from Routledge, 2015).
- P Coulson, Coulson on Construction Adjudication ( 3rd edn, Oxford University Press, 2015).
- Papers presented to the Society of Construction Law available at www.scl.org.uk and on the Adjudication Society website available at www.adjudication.org
- Useful sources include Arbitration International, Bulletin of the ICC Commission on Arbitration, Yearbook Commercial Arbitration, published by Kluwer and Arbitration, the journal of the Chartered Institute