Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EENG 332 Introduction to Digital Electronics
Department: BSc Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Module Description: Understand gates, RAM, ROM, shift counters IC’s and latches. Use Boolean algebra and appreciate logic functions. Consider voltage thresholds, noise, resistance and delays. Become familiar with number codes, two’s complement. Using code, ASCII and the conversion from binary, hexadecimal, octal and decimal counting. Comprehend logic circuit operation for addition, negalion and subtraction of binary integers, sequential logic, info. processing and microcomputers.
- Hodges, D. A., Jackson, H. G. and Saleh, R. A.(2005). Analysis and design of digital integrated circuits. 3rd edn. Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Sedra, A. S. et al. (2020). Microelectronic circuits. 8th edn. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Horowitz, P. and Hill, W. (2021). The art of electronics. 3rd edn. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Lewin D. and Protheroe, D. (2013). Design of logic systems. 2nd edn. Boston: Springer.
- Roth, C. H., Kinney, L. L. and John, E. B. (2021). Fundamentals of logic design. 7th edn. Singapore: Cengage Learning.