Printing, scanning and photocopying
How can I print/scan/photocopy from the campus?
- Users must create a 4-digit PIN to use the machine provided using this link https://print.buid.ac.ae/user. Enter your blackboard account details. Once you login, click on 'change details' and set your pin.
- Printing jobs can be initiated from any computers in the campus and from any personal devices/laptops. The machines are located on the 1st floor (library) and 2nd floor in the university. The machines have scanning and photocopying functionalities also.
- New registered students will have a free credit of AED 20/- in their account.
See instructions: How to use print services
What are the printing charges?
- Black & white 25 fils per page
- Color 50 fils per page
How do I add printing credit to my account?
- Additional credits can be added by purchasing the PaperCut printing cards from the library counter.
Can I photocopy library books?
The university abides to copyright laws, that the proportion of a work that can be photocopied or scanned is restricted to whichever is the greater of:
- 5% or one chapter from a book Up to 10% of a short book of up to 200 pages (library association guidelines)
- 5% or one article from a journal issue
- 5% or one paper from a set of conference proceedings
- 5% or one case from a report of judicial proceedings
- 5% of an anthology of short stories or poems or one short story or poem of not more than 10 pages.
Permission should always be obtained from the copyright holder before making multiple photocopies of material, or which exceeds the limits shown above.