Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Frequently asked questions
What are the library hours?
- Sunday to Thursday 9.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Saturday 9.00 am to 7.00 pm
- Friday Closed.
Also see Ramadan and summer hours
How do I get an ID card?
- Your University card is your Library card which will be given to you once your admission process is completed. Library cards must be presented to borrow materials. If the card is not presented you are not eligible to borrow materials.
How do I get my Library Username and Password?
- Newly registered students should receive an email for activating the library account. This credentials will be used to renew or reserve books. If you have not received it, please come to the Circulation Desk of the Library, or e-mail email@example.com
How do I login to the computer in the library?
- You will require your Blackboard login details to use the computer in the library and for printing purposes. Make sure you log-off before you leave.
Are there any group study rooms in the Library?
- Yes, group study rooms are available which requires prior booking. Room is limited to a maximum of 4 persons.
Book a study room
Membership and borrowing
What are my borrowing privileges?
How can I renew my books?
What are the overdue fines if I am late to return or renew books?
- The overdue fines are AED 2/- per day per book. Please renew or return you book/s when you receive a notification.
How can I reserve/hold a book?
How can I access the online resources off-campus?
- Online resources can be accessed through WorldCat that searches the library collection including eBooks, articles and journals. Enter your Library account when prompted to download the full-text.
Are there any online tutorials on accessing e-resources?
- Yes, you can refer to how-to guides available in the library website
How can I download an eBook?
How can I get the full-text of articles that are not available?
- If the full-text of an article is not available, the library can provide you the full-text through the Interlibrary/document request service. See how to request an article. This service is only for BUiD registered members.
How can I access past dissertations and theses in the library?
- Dissertations and theses can be accessed by visiting BSpace, which is an open access institutional repository of BUiD Masteral dissertations, Doctoral thesis, Graduate projects, Faculty publications and archival contents.
How can I connect to WiFi?
I am unable to access the library. It says wrong username and password. What can I do?
Printing, scanning and photocopying
How can I print/scan/photocopy from the campus?
- Users must create a 4-digit PIN to use the machine provided using this link https://print.buid.ac.ae/user. Enter your Blackboard account details. Once you login, click on 'Change Details' and set your pin.
- Printing jobs can be initiated from any computers in the campus and from any personal devices/laptops. The machines are located on the 1st floor (library) and 2nd floor in the University. The machines have scanning and photocopying functionalities also.
- New registered students will have a free credit of AED 20/- in their account.
See instructions: How to use print services
What are the printing charges?
- Black & White 25 fils per page
- Color 50 fils per page
How do I add printing credit to my account?
- Additional credits can be added by purchasing the PaperCut printing cards from the Library counter.
Can I photocopy library books?
The University abides to copyright laws, that the proportion of a work that can be photocopied or scanned is restricted to whichever is the greater of:
- 5% or one chapter from a book Up to 10% of a short book of up to 200 pages (Library Association guidelines)
- 5% or one article from a journal issue
- 5% or one paper from a set of conference proceedings
- 5% or one case from a report of judicial proceedings
- 5% of an anthology of short stories or poems or one short story or poem of not more than 10 pages.
Permission should always be obtained from the copyright holder before making multiple photocopies of material, or which exceeds the limits shown above.