Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Check if your final dissertation / thesis meet the below formatting requirements.
- Times New Roman - 12-point typeface is the recommended standard for general use.
Order of pages and numbering
Preliminary pages (Should not ne numbered)
- Title page
- Declaration Form
- Copyright and information to users
- Abstract (in English and in Arabic – for thesis & dissertations)
- Dedication (optional)
Content listings (Should have Roman pagination i.ii.iii.iv. etc. beginning with the table of contents)
- Table of contents
- List of illustrations
- List of tables
- List of definitions and/or abbreviations
Text (Regular page numbers 1, 2 , 3... starts from here till appendices)
- Introduction, chapters and conclusion
- List of references/bibliography
- The margin on the binding edge must be at least 3 cm.
- When photographs are mounted the binding margin must be increased to 4 cm
- Top and bottom of the page must be 3 cm
- Outer edge must be 2 cm.
- Use double line spacing throught the body of the text.
- Single-spacing is acceptable for quotations, footnotes, captions, etc and within items in the bibliography.
- Layout should be reasonably uniform in length of line and the number of lines per page.