Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MENG 212 Material Science & Metallurgy
Department: BSc in Electro Mechanical Engineering
Module Description: Describe the atomic and microstructural characteristics which control the important properties of engineering materials, and interpret material property charts. Relate properties to atomic, molecular and microstructural features. Develop systematic strategies for material and process selection for a given component.
- Ashby, M. F., Shercliff, H. and Cebon, D. (2019). Materials : engineering, science, processing and design. 4th edn. Amsterdam: Elsevier.
- Kalpakjian, S. and Schmid, S. R. (2014). Manufacturing engineering and technology. 7th edn. Singapore: Pearson/Prentice Hall.
- Callister, W. D. and Rethwisch, D. G. (2020). Materials science and engineering : an introduction. 10 edn. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Ashby, M. F. and Jones, D. R. H. (2019). Engineering materials 1. 5th edn. Oxford: Elsevier Science & Technology.
- Ashby, M. F. and Jones, D. R. H. (2013). Engineering materials 2 : an introduction to microstructures and processing. 4th edn. Amsterdam: Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Gibson, L. J. and Ashby, M. F. (1999). Cellular solids: structure and properties. 2nd edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Hertzberg, R. W., Vinci, R. P. and Hertzberg, J. L. (2020). Deformation and fracture mechanics of engineering materials. 6th edn. Hoboken: Wiley.
- Schaffer, J. P. (2006). The science and design of engineering materials. 2nd ed. Singapore: McGraw-Hill.