Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MENG 322 Machine Theory and Dynamics
Department: BSc in Electro Mechanical Engineering
Module Description: To provide an understanding of the application of simple mathematical models and vibration problems in engineering systems. Describe mathematically the behaviour of simple mechanical vibrating systems. Determine the response of these systems to transient and harmonic excitation. Analyse systems with more than one degree of freedom and provide practical experience of vibration measurement.
- Palm, W. J. (2007). Mechanical vibration. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley.
- Hartog, J. P. D. (2013). Mechanical vibrations. Newburyport: Dover Publications
- Hibbeler, R. C. (2019). Engineering mechanics: dynamics. 15th edn. Pearson.
- Meirovitch, L. (1986). Elements of vibration analysis. 2nd edn. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Meriam, J. L. (2019). Engineering mechanics. 9th edn. New York: Wiley.
- Rao, S. S. (2017). Mechanical vibrations. 6th edn. Hoboken, NJ: Pearson Education.