Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SEEM 532 Inspection, Repair and Rehabilitation of Structures
Department: MSc Structural Engineering
Module Description: This module will enable students to gain knowledge and understanding and provide scientific and practical information on the process of inspecting of deteriorated concrete structures and discussing of different methods of repair, retrofit, and protection.
- Perkins, P. (2003). Repair, protection and waterproofing of concrete structures. 3rd edn. London: Taylor and Francis. Request PDF
- American Concrete Institute, Committee 347--Formwork for Concrete. (2014). Guide to formwork for concrete: an aci standard (Aci, 347-14). Detroit, Michigan: American Concrete Institute.
- American Concrete Institute, Committee 546. (2004). Concrete repair guide (Aci, 546r-04). Farmington Hills, MI: American Concrete Institute. Request PDF
- American Concrete Institute, Committee 308. (1998). Standard specification for curing concrete. Farmington Hills, MI: American Concrete Institute. Request PDF
- American Concrete Institute, & ACI Committee 506. (2016). Guide to shotcrete. Detroit, Mich.: American Concrete Institute. Request PDF
- American Concrete Institute. Committee 503. (1995). Use of epoxy compounds with concrete. Detroit, Mich.: ACI. Request PDF
- Emmons, P. & Emmons, B. (1993). Concrete repair and maintenance illustrated: problem analysis, repair strategy, techniques. Kingston, MA: R.S. Means.
- International Association of Concrete Repair Specialists. Technical Guidelines Committee. (1992). Guide for selecting application methods for the repair of concrete surfaces. Washington, D.C.: Association.
- International Concrete Repair Institute. (1996). Guide for selecting and specifying materials for repair of concrete surfaces (Guideline, no. 03733). Sterling, Va.: International Concrete Repair Institute.
- International Concrete Repair Institute. (2008). Guide for surface preparation for the repair of deteriorated concrete resulting from reinforcing steel corrosion: guideline no. 310.1r-2008 (formerly no. 03730) (Guideline, no. 310.1r-2008). Des Plaines, Ill.: International Concrete Repair Institute. Request PDF
- International Concrete Repair Institute. (2002). Selecting and specifying concrete surface preparation for sealers, coatings, and polymer overlays (Technical guidelines / prepared by the international concrete repair institute, guideline no. 03732). Des Plaines, IL: International Concrete Repair Institute.
- Mays, G. (1992). Durability of concrete structures: Investigation, repair, protection. London: E & FN Spon.
- Page, C. L. and Page, M. M. (eds). (2007). Durability of concrete and cement composites. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Limited.
- Poukhonto, L. (2003). Durability of concrete structures and constructions: silos, bunkers, reservoirs, water towers, retaining walls; translated from Russian. Lisse: Balkema.
- Sarja, A. & Vesikari, E. (1996). Durability design of concrete structures: report of rilem technical committee 130-csl (Rilem report, no. 14). London: Taylor & Francis.